Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Eye Do

I love weddings. Maybe it is because I love romance - there wasn't an episode of the Office I didn't root for Jim and Pam and time and time again I cry when watching Father of the Bride - but I also love to have a reason to get all dressed up and have a great time with friends.


So far this year we have already celebrated the marriage of several of our close friends and are now gearing up for two big weddings in October. I have the honor of being a part of the wedding
party for both weddings - one being my younger sister's destination wedding to Arizona and the

Photo - A scene from the movie, Father of the Bride

other is my husband's cousin (who is more like a friend than family) who is celebrating locally. Along with the responsibilities of helping with the shower, parties, and other formalities, there is also the wedding day attire to take care of. These can include the dress, shoes, accessories and more. With all of this on my mind, and the planning to make sure I have everything in order for the big days (including traveling to Arizona!), I tend to get myself way more stressed out then I should. Instead of just going with the flow and realizing that I am organized enough that everything will be wonderful, I obsessively make list, after list, after list of everything from what to remember to bring to what needs to be done prior to the big event. Ultimately, I exhaust myself!



With that said, all the celebrating, worrying and then celebrating some more (throw some alcohol in there and whew!) can lead to some major dark circles under my eyes. Since I need to be able to combat the effects of all this and still look refreshed for photos, there isn't anything that I find works better than BORBA Fiber-Knit Orbital Eye Rejuvenator. Having previously worked with the brains behind the brand, Scott Vincent Borba, Scott Vincent got me hooked on his innovative line of skincare back when I was preparing for my own wedding. One of the first brands to create vitamin-infused waters, the BORBA product line uses cutting edge technology to create what I think are some of the best skin care products out there. The Orbital Eye Rejuvenator - while sounds like some sci-fi product, actually is a miracle worker for the appearance of puffy eyes and also, over time, can help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. For me, its a can't do without item and staple during busy wedding season.


The new Ulta (watch for an upcoming blog about my trip there) at the Airport Center in Allentown (940 Airport Center Drive, 610-264-1065) currently carries the BORBA skincare line. They have the basics from the line including the Orbital Eye Rejuvenator which is priced at $38.00 for a .5oz container. It might seem like a splurge for some, but trust me, its so creamy that it lasts long and the results...well lets just say I will be looking pretty bright eyed and bushy tailed in those photos!

You can also purchase this item at www.Ulta.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment