Thursday, October 1, 2009

Designer Desire

I am always looking for some sort of crazy sale or clearance going on and can typically be found searching online for hours. Half the time I am not even looking for a particular item but instead just searching to see what I could get on sale - it never fails that I find something that I suddenly must have. When I have a vacation or trip coming up, my shopping becomes dramatically increased as I feel a need to bring a new wardrobe on every trip! Therefore, finding the items I want at a great price not only make me even more excited for my vacation but undoubtedly make my husband happy as well.

Since we will be traveling to warm climates (California and Arizona) I have been able to find some amazing deals on a few dresses since the fall merchandise is already in full swing in stores. Now, like many of you, I love designer brands. Some say your just paying for the name - and yes at times that is a factor - but I feel that its much more than that. To me, designer brands are made much better and therefore will last longer. So, if you are going to buy a classic black dress that can be worn many times, why not spend the extra money for a really amazing dress that fits right and will not fall apart the first time you wear it. For trend items, go inexpensive since they might only be worn for one season. Dresses for me are one of those "go ahead and spend it" items and so that is why I love the amazing prices at Neiman Marcus's online clearance site (click on link to go to store). http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/template/saleSiloE.jhtml?itemId=cat980731&parentId=cat000000&siloId=cat980731&icid=topNavcat980731

With most items marked down over 50-65 percent off, you can score designer duds at more than half off! A selection of handbags, fashions, shoes and accessories are all available from top designers including Prada, D &G, Marc Jacobs, Theory, Tory Burch, Giuseppe Zanotti and many more, with shipping for most purchases free of charge*! On a recent patrol of their clearance section, I found an amazing pair of Stella McCartney Satin Pumps priced at $286 marked down from $635, Rachel Roy Daniela Dress at $418 down from $1195 and a Tod's Pashmy Bauletto Media Bag at $425 from $945. All great buys and all adorable! Being a fan of her designs, the Rachel Roy dress is my favorite - the back is to dye for and would be easy to dress up or dress down.









Photos: (From left to right) Tod's Pashmy Bauletto Media Bag ($425), Rachel Roy Daniela Dress ($418) and Stella McCartney Satin Pumps ($286)

One warning with the 'last call' selection at Neimans is that sizes are limited (especially for shoes) and so a lot of the time its a scavenger hunt. However, if you can find what your looking for its well worth the hunt (and the splurge) when your proudly sporting Phillip Lim or Herve Leger to a big event or party. Happy Shopping!

*Use code NMFALL for free shipping on any priced purchase!

No comments:

Post a Comment