Sunday, September 27, 2009

The SWEET Smell of Victory

Starting in July, I begin looking forward to football season - particularly Sunday afternoons. As a life-long Pittsburgh Steeler fan, brought up in a house devoted to Pittsburgh sports teams, there are certain traditions we adhere to and superstitions that become law on game day. One of the biggest rules as a Steeler fan is the "change it up" philosophy. Essentially, you pick your game day outfit in pre-season and that's what you wear for every game - and there is no washing it, no excuses. However, if the Steelers are not doing well, someone needs to "change something up" to get the mojo back in order. This could be something as small as switching seats with someone or as big as switching to a different jersey. As crazy as it sounds, it works for us and if there is a loss for the Steelers - well, someone must not have been doing something right and should have changed it up.

For me, this can be challenging due to the fact that I hate feeling dirty. Towels are used once and washed, jeans are worn and then washed before wearing again and dresses are always dry cleaned following an event. Laundry piles up like crazy because of this, however I just feel better. That said, not washing my jersey an entire season can be a scary thought! So with that in mind, I have been looking for a way to keep my jersey smelling and feeling fresh without having to be accused of ruining the season due to washing it. On a recent trip to Victoria's Secret in the Lehigh Valley Mall, I found exactly what I was looking for.

Victoria's Secret has created a line of scented body mists to match their popular line of fragrances. My favorite is Sexy Little Things Noir for its fresh yet warm notes of apple, nectarine, vanilla and golden amber. The mist leaves behind just a hint a fragrance, perfect for the times when you want to smell nice but not smell like your wearing perfume! I purchased two of the 2.5 fl oz plastic bottles (one for my gym bag and one for home) at $15.00 a piece. For my jersey, following the game, I simply place it back on a hanger and lightly spray with the mist. This ensures that it will be ready to go when I need it the next week and will be even more of a subtle scent... because really all I want to smell is the sweet smell of victory!

Sexy Little Things Noir and other body mist scents can be found at Victoria's Secret in the Lehigh Valley Mall in Allentown.

No comments:

Post a Comment