Saturday, September 26, 2009

UGG....winters right around the corner!

Now, I know that there are certain fashion statements that people love to hate - one at the top of the list has to be UGG's. Some go as far as to call them "Ugg-ly," however personally I love them! They are warm, comfortable and an easy go-to-shoe for me. One thing I will say is that there is a time and place for sporting UGG's. Wear them around the house, wear them out shopping, wear them to a sporting event or even a weekend in the Poconos, but please do not wear them out at night to a bar, restaurant or club. They are not evening wear!! So many times I see girls wearing an adorable "going out" outfit and then see a big, clunky pair of UGG's topping off the look and honestly, it ruins it. Don't wear them with shorts, don't wear them with short skirts and please don't wear them with a dress! Its just not attractive.

With that warning established, if you wear them right you can keep your feet happy throughout the fall, winter and early spring months. If you are thinking of purchasing UGG's this year, one thing I have learned is that you need to act fast and plenty early to get the latest styles. UGG's can sell out quickly - particularly as the holiday shopping season begins - so if you need a new pair, I suggest shopping now. I needed to get a new pair of Classic Tall Boots (mine had an unfortunate run-in with a glass of celebratory champagne at a Super Bowl party) as well as the fact that I wanted to check out the new Bailey Button and Classic Argyle Knit Boot styles, so this afternoon I headed over to Sage in the Promenade Shops.

Photo: The UGG selection at Sage located in the Promenade Shops at Saucon Valley.

It was obvious upon walking into the shoe area that Sage has the best selection of UGG's in the Lehigh Valley. Featuring a wide selection of the new and classic styles for women, there was also a selection for men and children (even an adorable little pink toddler pair)! They had both of the new styles that I was looking for and decided the Classic Argyle Knit was exactly what I was looking for. For those who have not yet purchased UGG's please remember that the sizing is very different. Go DOWN at least one size. I wear a 9.5 and wear a size 8 UGG perfectly! I would suggest checking out the selection at Sage and the staff there can help select the best fit for your foot. Call ahead to make sure they have the shoe you are looking for at 610-798-7900.

Bring on the chill - my feet are ready!

1 comment:

  1. I thought Ugg's were just a fad..and resisted buying them for a while...but then they just didn't go away so I gave in and paid the hefty price tag, and boy do I LOVE them! I don't care if people think they are ugly..women give too much for fashion most of the time and my feet kill! These are a welcome addition to my shoe collection...

    Jen @ After The Alter.com

    ReplyDelete