Monday, September 28, 2009

Go Faux

One accessory I am pretty excited to see re-appear for the fall is the leather motorcycle jacket. A must have accessory being sported on the fashion elites and celebs everywhere, the moto-jacket or bomber styles can be worn in several different ways this season. My favorites are paired with a feminine dress or worn over a flowing long tunic with skinny jeans. The leather outerwear gives a slightly edgy contrast and an easy way carry a summer tank or dress into Fall.

With black being the go-to shade for the jacket, I was delighted to find an adorable selection of faux leather motorcycle jackets, not only in black but also in grey, at none other than Target! Grey-tones are without a doubt my favorite hues for Fall fashions this year and so since I already had a black motorcycle jacket, and the price of this jacket was unbeatable at $29.95, the grey fab-find called to me! The small size fit perfect - go for whatever shirt size you normally wear not jacket size since you will wear over lighter items - and I especially liked the sleeve length since it hit right where it should (ends at the base of my thumb when holding arms down).

Photo: Ugly Betty's Becki Newton sports a black motorcycle jacket over a Brian Reyes dress while out in New York City for Fashion Week. Source: WireImage

Photo: Target's Xhilaration® Moto Jacket, approximately $29.95

They had the jacket in both grey and black on my trip to Target, however I find that popular sizes there go fast so you might want to call ahead to make sure they have what you are looking for. I visited the new Quakertown location (610 N West End Blvd., Quakertown, PA, 215-529-2720), but you can also order online at http://www.target.com/ if you are desperate!

1 comment:

  1. I love these types of jackets! good find! I'll have to take a look at target since I wouldn't want to spend a fortune on this trend...

    Jen @ After The Alter

    ReplyDelete